Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Here We Go!

First off, let me introduce myself...

I'm Christine, a SAHM to a fabulous 16 month old boy C with Baby Girl due in August. For the last year and a half I've been adjusting to mommyhood and living on a single income. My husband is a teacher/musician and we all know what that means...living on a meager single income! Through this time, not only have I been having the most fun in the world with C, I've been learning how to become more frugal and how to pinch every last penny. I've come a long way in this journey but, still have a ways to go.

I have another blog here that I started with a friend of mine from college. We talk about the ups and downs of mommyhood and raising a toddler while being pregnant with #2. But, I started this blog for people like me, adjusting to being SAHM's and living on one income. I never realized how much money my husband and I just threw out the window until we really needed it! I am not an avid couponer, although I do use coupons most times, and this is not a crazy deal blog. What I am is a mom looking for tips and tricks to save money; whether it be cooking from scratch, stockpiling, menu planning, making your own baby wipes, or just plain old not eating out. I will show you how one SAHM does it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine...Monica from "Organized Chaos!" www.fernaaysfamily.blogspot.com . I want to be first to follow...I am only a part-time stay at home mom, and I have always been frugal to a certain degree because my husband is, but over the last 3 months of blogging, I have really gotten "more" frugal. I think I am scaring my husband {smile}! Anyway - I have never been a huge coupon user myself, but what I have done recently is organize them in a 3 ring binder with 4" X 6" photo sheets, or collector card holders (borrowed a few from my sons pokemon collection{smile}), and having them organized has made a big difference for me! Thanks for the comment on the "Freezer Meals" I will definately take you up on the soup and casserole tips! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi from the TMC! i'm a SAHM too and we live off my husband's income. i'm interested to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete