Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year a Non Resolution

I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions along with the rest of the world for the past week. Every year I try to think of a creative resolution, like in 2006 I resolved to do something different that I hadn't done before. That year I raised $2300 and walked 60 miles in the Breast Cancer 3Day. I think that was about the coolest resolution I've had and actually followed through on.
Last year my resolution was to be a good mom. It's not a creative or unique resolution, it's not even measurable. But, I think I achieved it. I've been away from the blog a while, pretty much since baby K was born in July. During that time I was fulfilling my resolution to be a good mom, not that I wasn't before then, I just had a little more time! In June and July I spent several weeks on bed rest before baby K was born and in October I went back to work for the first time in two years so I could help pay for baby K and C. Kiddos are expensive! Those are just two big things in between the loving my new baby girl and her big brother, changing diapers, midnight feedings, working, changing diapers, 3am feedings, playing, and did I mention changing diapers?
So, this year I had a hard time thinking of a resolution. Of course I still want to be a good mom but, I wanted a new resolution. And no using the "I want to lose weight or diet and exercise." That's a cop out resolution. Every one wants to lose weight! So, I decided this year no resolutions for me just a list of things I would like to do this year. Here are my non resolutions for 2011...
  1. Potty train C...eek!
  2. Write on this blog twice a week and actually keep it up the whole year.
  3. Read blogs again, I really miss all my blog peeps.
  4. Stop getting caught up in what I don't have and enjoy what I do have.
  5. Go on a date with my husband
  6. Go on a date with my husband and not regret leaving the kids at home.
  7. Take the kids to the zoo.
  8. Keep up with the house cleaning...ugh
Here we go 2011. Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment